Choosing a wedding cake is one of the most important things you will have to decide on when planning the Big Day. And no matter how easy this may seem at first, the truth is that it can be quite difficult to settle on one type of cake – especially since there are so many options out there.
To make sure you choose the perfect cake for the Big Day, settle on the shape first. Believe it or not, there are many options when it comes to this too – but following, we have gathered some brief tips to help you go through all of them, so read on if you want to find out more.
- This is the absolute classic for wedding cakes – but it doesn’t mean it is boring. On the contrary, because the shape of the cake is so simple, it will leave you enough space to “play around” with the other cake décor elements.
- Bold and unique, a square cake is suitable for those of you who want a wedding with a truly modern appeal to it. To smooth out the edges and create a beautiful effect, add flowers to the cake décor – it will look gorgeous!
- If you want to choose something that’s even bolder than the square cake, go for the hexagonal option. From buttercream pearls on the edges to heirlooms as toppers, there are a lot of options for decorating this type of cake – so you can definitely allow yourself to be creative with it.
- Delicate and unique, this is a very romantic and beautiful modern wedding cake shape. Add a round bottom tier to make the cake look spectacular or emphasize on the beautiful shape by having its edges hand-painted.
- Original, edgy and full of personality, a staircase wedding cake will definitely add uniqueness to your Big Day. This shape will leave plenty of space for creative décor options, so you can really allow your creativity to run wild and come up with ideas that are really special.
Planning to have a spectacular wedding in Florida Keys? Contact Blue Water Weddings, then! We have years of experience in planning unforgettable weddings in the area – so we will make sure yours is absolutely flawless and truly unforgettable too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Misserion