Blue Water Wedding is excited to offer a new private property right in the heart of Islamorada. This beautiful 3 acres on the sunset side is exactly what a Florida Keys Wedding is all about. An upscale environment surrounded by endless nature, and the ability to customize every detail of your wedding through the local outside vendors they recommend. A home to rent for 3 days and a bridal suite in a newly remodeled 2 bedroom home to stay in. The main house is not to stay in but the bridal suite home is stunning. If your getting married in the beautiful Florida Keys and want a stunning sunset wedding in the heart of Islamorada this property is for you. Inquire with Blue Water Weddings or Caribbean Catering for more information about Serenity Cay
For brides that choose the long lace bustle or the shorter bustles that have the color coordinating loops to tie, here are some pieces of advise about preparing for your wedding day bustle. Yes, you actually have to prepare for this. You don't want to be a bride stuck in a hot bathroom for 45 minutes right before dinner with a handful of girls arguing about how the bustle should be done. You need to be prepared because each bustle is different and can be very complex.
When going for your last fitting. Make sure to take your maid/matron of honor with you or the person you feel can handle doing the bustle for you the night of. When trying on your dress you'll look back at the seamstress while she effortlessly ties, snaps and pulls at your dress. She will say 'its easy!' just look for the color coordinated strings and pull tie and snap!". Not so fast! Make sure your camera is out and on record when she shows you how the bustle is done. You'll need that footage when the time comes. If your bustle partner can't be there, have someone video it for you and send it to her to see and study.
When your dress is at home, take 30 minutes to practice the bustle your self as well as with the person who will be helping you. You will be grateful later when your first dance song is around the corner and you only have 10 minutes to freshen up. Quick bustling saves time. If your bustle partner can't attend this, have her practice the day before the wedding when she arrives. I know its hard to have everyone where you want them to be, especially when planning a destination wedding.
3. Call for back up
The person bustling will need a back up person to help hold the dress up and even help the bride freshen up. This can be your coordinator or a friend. Dont underestimate the team it takes to keep the bride happy and looking stunning at all times.
4. Communicate to Your Coordinator
If you have a complex bustle it would be wise to tell your coordinator this so she can schedule enough time for you to get ready for the next segway of the evening. You really don't want to feel rushed and with the correct planning you wont. Try to communicate how much time it takes to get the bustle done so things can run on time.
Blue Water Weddings loves this photo of an event we did when Carol bustled her dress on the beach in front of the light up cherry blossom tree. You can tell she has a great team around her keeping her happy and looking fab! Contact Blue Water Weddings for the guidance you need to plan your destination wedding in the Florida Keys.
Photo Credit: Caribbean Catering.
Destination weddings are amazing from many points of view. For the travellers and globetrotters, they are a great way to share a trip with their most beloved friends and relatives. For the adventure seekers, destination weddings are exciting and unforgettable. And for the glamour lovers, a destination wedding is one of the most luxurious, beautiful and magnificently elegant ways to celebrate such an important moment.
Regardless of what category you fall into, you will want your destination wedding to be remarkably gorgeous – and sending Save the Date cards that are unique, intriguing and full of personality is definitely part of your plan.
How to do it, though? How to choose Save the Dates that will really make your guests curious? We have gathered some inspiring ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
· The message in a bottle. Although a bit more complicated to ship to each guest, a message in a bottle is a truly wonderful, romantic idea. Your guests will be absolutely charmed by these little bottles and the warm message in them.
· The plane tickets. Design your Save the Dates as plane tickets to make them suit your “destination wedding” theme. This can be done very easily and it won’t need a very large budget either – so it’s more than worth considering it.
· The postcard. If you want to make your guests dream of the gorgeous destination you have chosen, send them some personalized postcards from that destination. Just add your Save the Date info to the postcards and we guarantee the guests will love the idea!
Planning a wedding in Florida Keys? Blue Water Weddings knows exactly how to help you have a magically unforgettable Big Day! Contact us, let’s talk about your dream wedding and we will make it come true!
There are many reasons why a couple might want to renew their vows. After years of marriage, you might think it’s fun or important to pledge your undying love to your spouse in public once again. Or, many of the people in your life – friends and family – may not have had the opportunity to be there when you were first married, and the renewal ceremony will give them a chance to celebrate your life with your spouse at this stage of the marriage.
If this really seems important to you, you really need to consider renewing your vows. The celebration can be elaborate if that’s what you desire. Or, it can be a modest event if that’s what you prefer. Making this decision all comes down to the wishes of each spouse.
No matter how you choose, we can still help you plan your vow renewal ceremony. Please use the following advice to the fullest.
Choose a Date for the Ceremony
It’s important to choose the perfect date to hold your vow renewal ceremony. And just like your wedding, picking the date is a fun and exciting part of the process.
In order to add a nice touch to the ceremony, you can choose an important date that you currently share as a couple. Maybe you’ll choose the date your first child was born. Or maybe you’ll choose the day that you were married. Think of the important dates and events in your life and use them as a guideline to choose the date for your vow renewal ceremony.
Start a Crowdfunding Campaign
Now that you’ve chosen the date for this amazing event, it’s now time to call on friends, family members, and social media contacts to help you host the perfect vow renewal ceremony.
An event like this can become quite expensive. But free fundraising makes it a heck of a lot easier to afford. Use all of the resources at your disposal – meaning the people that you know – and raise funds so that you can host the ideal event.
Pick a Location
Again, nostalgia can play a role when choosing the ceremony’s location. If it still exists, you may choose the location of your wedding. Or, you may have a favorite restaurant that you and your spouse love to go to and feel that it’s the ideal location for your upcoming vow renewal ceremony. Think about the most important venues in your life and consider one of them as the perfect location.
Find Your Original Vows/Create Your New Vows
If you have a written copy of your original marriage vows, and you want to recite them again, then there’s no need to write new vows for the ceremony.
On the other hand, if you cannot find your original marriage vows or prefer new ones, now’s the time to come up with the perfect vows for the ceremony.
Choose an Officiant
You can choose an officiant based on your religion or consider the person who originally married you to renew your vows.
Should You Invite Guests?
Is this going to be a small, intimate ceremony for the couple? Or is this going to be a huge event with hundreds of people? Decide and invite the appropriate number of guests.
Enjoy the Celebration!
If it’s an intimate affair, enjoy the celebration with your spouse and closest loved ones. If it’s a large event, have fun and enjoy the celebration with hundreds of your closest friends and family members. Just remember to have fun and appreciate the moment.
By: Wendy Dessler from OutreachMama
Free Honeymoon Registry by Honeyfund, the #1 Cash Wedding ...
Honeyfund.com is the free honeymoon registry and #1 cash wedding gift registry. Unlike other honeymoon registries, Honeyfund.com is free for both couples and guests.
Your wedding ceremony is more than important for you. This is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of event and you really don’t want anything to spoil it. You want everything to be picture-perfect and absolutely dreamy – and this includes the music as well.
If you have chosen to hire a DJ for your wedding ceremony, make sure you connect with him before it, so that everything is flawless. What are some of the important discussions to have with your DJ before the ceremony? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· First of all, ask him if he has ever dealt with your wedding ceremony site (or anything similar). If he has, it means that he will know how to make sure the sound is perfectly heard from all corners of the site (so that it reaches all of your guests at the same quality).
· Furthermore, ask about potential extra-rentals he may need. Most of the professional wedding DJs do have all the necessary equipment – but since it’s better to be safe than to be sorry, you should still ask him beforehand.
· Also, ask about his ceremony repertoire. DJs who have worked at a lot of weddings have a no-fail list of songs that could give you some pretty good ideas too – so this is a very useful question to ask.
· Last, but definitely not least, if you have a more unconventional ceremony song in mind, do make sure that your DJ will be able to play it. Talk to him about this, so that he knows how to prepare!
Blue Water Weddings can help you plan flawless weddings in Florida Keys – so if you’re on the lookout for a great wedding planner to help you pull together the ideal destination wedding, we are the answer. Contact us and find out more about our services!
Your wedding dress should speak about your own personality and the things you believe in – so why not choose one that’s truly unique and surprising? Wedding dresses with pockets have become really popular as of lately – and you have all the reasons to love them!
What are some of the most beautiful pocketed wedding gown designs? We have gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
· Princess ball-gown. If you have always wanted to feel like a princess when you walk down the aisle, you surely know that a ball-gown dress has the power to do that. To add a bit of uniqueness and playfulness, choose a ball-gown with pockets – it will look stunning and it will be more than surprising for your guests too!
· Delicate and timeless. If Princess Diana’s or Grace Kelly’s wedding dresses inspire you, think of something that includes a delicate illusion neckline and a pair of fancy pockets too. In between timelessness and contemporaneity, this dress will wow everyone!
· A pop of color. You don’t have to wear white! In fact, many brides these days choose to wear colored wedding gowns – and you can be one of them too! Pick a pretty colored wedding dress with pockets and it will look really special on you!
· Short and cute. For a dress with a stylish 50s touch or for a dress that shows off a bit of skin, settle on a tea-length or knee-length design. A pocketed short dress will be a more than unique choice and it will add a lot of personality to your entire wedding day!
Planning your wedding in Florida Keys? If you need help, Blue Water Weddings is here for you! We have years and years of experience in planning fabulous weddings in the area – so you can rely on us to provide you with the very best! Contact us and find out more about our services!
Wedding cocktail hours may not seem like the kind of event where people are eager to include veggies as the “foundation” of their menus and drinks. And yet, there’s one vegetable that seems to have won everyone on its side: beets.
Why would you even consider it for your own Big Day? What are the beets-based items you can serve at your wedding? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Beets are very healthy. If you are a health-conscious couple, it would only make sense that you serve a menu that’s tailored after your taste and who you are – so beets are a truly wonderful choice when it comes to this.
· Beets are very colorful. One of the best things about beets is their color. With a powerful reddish-pink shade, beets can instantly make a menu pop with energy and youthfulness – and all in a 100% natural way. In salads and in drinks, beets add a dash of color and beauty that’s hard to pull off with any other similar ingredient.
· Beets are more than versatile. Regardless of what you plan to serve at your wedding, beets can definitely be included in the mix. Hors d’oeuvres with pureed beets and crackers, alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails with beets in the list of ingredients, delicious and unique salads and even full dishes with fish, vegetables and beets – there’s a generously long list of foods you can try for the Big Day!
Blue Water Weddings helps brides and grooms plan perfect weddings in Florida Keys – so if you want your Big Day to take place in the area, come visit us, see what wedding planning services we offer and hire us to handle your wedding’s planning details! You will love every second of what we put together for this special moment in your life!
Flickr.com/ Breville USA
As a bride, you want every single detail of your wedding to be absolutely flawless. Still, no matter how much you plan ahead, there are still some bad things that could happen before your big day – and it is important to be prepared for the worst too.
What are some of the most awful wedding disasters and how to react in case they happen to you? Read on and find out more.
· Vendors pulling a disappearing act. Either because they are double-booked or simply because they cannot deliver what you need, some unreliable vendors may simply choose to disappear. This is something you definitely don’t want before your wedding – but if it happens, you should be prepared to face the situation with as much grace as possible (either by finding another vendor to replace the “disappeared” one, by asking friends to help you or by doing things on your own).
· Hair trial going wrong. Of course, you want your hair to look really beautiful on your wedding day. But what happens if your hairstylist changes jobs before your wedding day? What happens if your hair trial goes very wrong and you hate the hairstyle she created? The best way to react is by finding another hairstylist in the shortest time possible, so that you can have another trial before the big day. Check reviews, ask for recommendations and keep your calm!
· People don’t send their RSPVs back. This is the kind of nightmare every bride has at one point or another. The best ways to deal with it is by simply calling your guests and politely ask them if they can come at the wedding or not. If they still don’t give you a clear answer, prepare for the largest number of guests by adding extra seats at the ceremony and extra plates for the dinner (or switching the plated dinner with a buffet).
Searching for a wedding planner to help you have a fantastic wedding in Florida Keys? Come visit Blue Water Weddings and take a look at what we offer! We have years of experience in planning weddings in the area – and we can put them all at your disposal! Contact us and find out more about our services!
There’s nothing sweeter or more worthy of celebration than pure love – and weddings are truly the greatest of life’s events. Naturally, you want your wedding day to be just as unique as your love story is – and your signature cocktails should make no exception from the rule.
How to find unique names for your wedding cocktails? We have some adorably fun ideas for you – so read on if you need to inspire yourself.
· Mai Tai. Exotic and delicious, this is the kind of cocktail that will be more than appreciated by everyone at your wedding. If you want to make it even more special, re-name it with “Mai…Tie the Knot” – the guests will love it!
· Ale and beer. Planning a low-key, casual and fun wedding? Want to serve craft beers instead of all-too-traditional cocktails? Re-name your beers with “Ale I Need Is Your Love” and they will be automatically transformed into “wedding-ready drinks”.
· Wine. Fancy some wine for your wedding? There’s nothing more elegant or more sophisticated than a glass of good wine – but if you want to make your drinks more unique, we highly suggest you re-name your wine with “Grapeful For Your Love” , for example.
· Mojito. Refreshing and delicious, Mojito is an all-time favorite for summer weddings. Re-naming yours with “Mint to Be Yours” or another cute pun will add even more uniqueness to this fantastic drink . We guarantee this name will make people even more attracted towards your cocktail!
Planning a wedding in Florida Keys? If you want to make sure everything about it is flawlessly planned and gorgeously designed, contact Blue Water Weddings! We have years and years of experience in planning weddings in this area and we can guarantee you the best vendors and the most professional services!
Flickr.com/ Johnny Silvercloud
Your guests deserve your “Thank You”. They traveled, they offered gifts, they took their time – and all just to be there for you on one of the most beautiful days of your life. And while you might have offered them welcome baskets and really pretty wedding favors, there’s nothing to show gratitude more gracefully than an old-school “Thank You” note.
· Like it or not, these notes are not to be avoided – and they are to be sent as soon as the wedding is over too. How to make sure you create beautiful “Thank You” notes, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Quality stationery goes a long way. The prettier the stationery is, the less you will have to try to “style up” the notes. We highly suggest you consider the option of ordering the stationery when you order the invitations and the other day-of pieces of stationery.
· Great pens are very important too. The last thing you want is to craft the perfect “Thank You” message on a card, only to see at the end of it that your pen has bled out through the stationery. Invest in quality pens and you will be 100% certain everything looks flawless.
· Take your time and make them personal. Do not even think of sending standard “Thank You” notes! Take your time, write something nice for every guest and make them all feel genuinely special.
Planning a wedding in Florida Keys? Here at Blue Water Weddings, we can provide you with top-notch wedding planning services capable of bringing together all the details of this special event. Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and book us as your helpers for the Big Day! We guarantee you will not regret it!
There’s nothing more beautiful, more romantic and more emotional than a wedding – and here at Blue Water Weddings, we know this better than anyone. If you want your Big Day to be truly spectacular and unique, we highly recommend you consider a beach wedding – it will add so much to this special event in your life!
How to pull it off, though? What are the best beach elements to bring into your wedding day? We have gathered some truly gorgeous and inspiring ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
· The bouquet. If you want to feel unique as you walk down the aisle, think of a bouquet that incorporates the finest beach elements. Bright colors work amazingly well for an “exotic beach”-themed wedding, but incorporating small seashells or starfish into the bouquet can look absolutely stunning as well.
· The dress. Want to feel like the true Queen of the Beach? Wear a dress that goes along with the casual and relaxing vibes of the Ocean. Airy dresses, gowns made solely out of lace and lightweight fabrics and even short beach dresses can all be amazing options for a beach bride.
· The arrival. Want to make a grand entrance at your wedding? Rent a boat and come floating on the waves of love! This will make for a truly memorable moment and your guests will definitely love it!
· The children. Planning to invite very young guests at your wedding? Keep them busy (and out of trouble) by giving them the important task of building the most fabulous sand castle ever! They will have tons of fun doing it!
If you want a magical beach wedding in Florida Keys, don’t forget to contact Beach Water Weddings. We have years of experience in planning gorgeous events in the area and we can guarantee your wedding will be superb from all points of view! Give us a call and let’s talk about your dream beach wedding!
They say music is the highest and most complex form of art. With or without lyrics, modern or fully classical, musical can indeed make us feel happy, sad and it can “play” with our emotions in ways other arts can barely reach out to.
Naturally, your wedding music is very important – and it should represent who you are as a couple too. How do you do that, though? How do you choose wedding music that stands for your beliefs and shows off your amazing love story? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Find the common link. If you and your fiancé are not into the same kind of music, it may feel a bit difficult to find songs you both like and can relate to. However, it is completely doable. Sit down, discuss your favorite artists, genres and songs and see where the common link is. Settle on songs you both enjoy – and, most importantly, on songs that truly speak to both of you.
· Don’t be afraid to break away from tradition. We know “Here Comes the Bride” is the fully traditional song to play as you walk down the aisle – but if that song doesn’t represent you, then you are more than free to settle on something else. As long as you are not having a religious wedding and the ceremony officiant forbids it, anything from Metallica to Norah Jones will do.
· When in doubt, choose the compromise solution. Don’t want to upset your mother-in-law with a song that’s too modern for a wedding moment that’s highly traditional? See if you can find a new version of an old song – this way, you get your “youthfulness” into the moment and you satisfy your parents’ tastes as well.
Planning a wedding in Florida Keys? If so, contact Blue Water Weddings and allow us to help you arrange all the details of a fantastic wedding day! We have tons of experience in this area, we are highly attentive to details and we can make your dream wedding come true!
Flickr.com/ Mike Saechang
Flickr.com/ Corey Ann
Your wedding is yours – and no tradition or etiquette rule can say otherwise. As a bride, you have the right to have a wedding that suits you, your wedding style, who you are and what are the things you love – so you also have the right to set your own rules when it comes to the Big Day too.
Even so, inspiring yourself from worldwide wedding traditions is a wonderful way of bringing a touch of uniqueness to your Big Day and of making it feel more special and more multicultural too. What are some of the most beautiful wedding customs you might want to incorporate into your own Special Day? Read on and find out more.
· China. A traditional Chinese bride will be dressed in a red silk gown embellished with intricate golden embroidery. However, she will usually change at least once throughout the wedding day (which shows her family’s level of opulence). If you cannot decide on one dress only, borrowing this tradition is a truly great idea.
· Italy. Italian brides and grooms are supposed to walk together to their wedding ceremony – so if you plan on saying “I Do” in the “neighborhood”, this is a very romantic idea (and it will surely make for some unforgettable wedding photos too).
· Morocco. Moroccan brides are pampered in a carefully-planned purifying ritual before the ceremony. Most of the times, this ritual includes massages and milk baths – so it can be extremely relaxing for a stressed out bride. Bring this tradition into your wedding day and make yourself feel less anxious and more naturally beautiful!
Blue Water Weddings plans unforgettable events everyone loves – so if you need help with planning your Big Day, contact us and let’s talk about your dream wedding! With our skills and experience, we will make your dreams come true!
Flickr.com/ Simon Blackley
As a bride, you will want to look absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day – and your makeup plays a very important role in this. How to choose a beautiful type of makeup, though? How to make sure your makeup emphasizes your natural beauty and your personality too? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Monochromatic bronze. For a sexy, sultry and really feminine look, opt for bronze shades for your eyelids, cheeks and lips. It will look really superb and it will make your natural features pop with grace and beauty!
· Earthy classic. If you want a natural makeup with just a dash of color, opt for earthy colors for your eyelids and for a natural shade for your blush. Pair everything with a bold, red lip – this will add elegance and classiness to your entire look.
· Pink champagne. Line the top and the bottle eyelids and apply some pink champagne eye shadow to “soften up” the black of the eyeliner. Pair all this with a very soft blush and a soft shade of pink for the lips as well.
· Brown smoky eyes. Smoky eyes can add a lot of depth and glamor to a look – so why not try this for your wedding day? Pair the brown smoky eye makeup with a peachy blush and with a clear lip gloss and you will look drop-dead gorgeous as you walk down the aisle!
Planning a wedding in Florida Keys? If yes, don’t forget to contact Blue Water Weddings! We have years of experience in planning weddings in the area and we can make sure you are provided with the very best services for your Big Day. Contact us and find out more about our services!
Flickr.com/ Ashley MacKinnon